MaxCo Advisors is senior business executive advisory firm with extensive experience in building brands and revenue streams, from start-ups to more established global commercial organizations.
- We have specific expertise in working with multi-disciplinary marketing and brand-passionate teams, in the U.S. and internationally, particularly (but not exclusively) within a matrix-type structure in a commercial environment.
- We are a team of classically trained consumer insight scientists and creative marketing experts that deliver global understanding and operational leadership through the establishment of internal team loyalty and external client trusted advisor status.
- We offer proven new business development strategy services, as well as key account management growth responsibilities including: recruiting, leading and managing dynamic and high performing teams.
Founding Partner, Alastair Bruce, has been integral in helping his clients and partners to grow their businesses for more than 20 years. MaxCo Advisors live and work by the following mantra:
“To do something or to be responsible for something with someone else; to get in with; join in, pull together. To have responsibility for meeting the targets.”
Some of The Company We Keep.
Novartis, Pfizer Consumer, GSK, Merck, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, Schering-Plough, Medtronic Corporation, Bausch and Lomb, WebMD.
Citibank, Seagram, Sears, Chase, Sprint, Ocean Spray, Forrester Research, American Sports Data, Hasbro, Prudential, Gillette, Reebok International, Perdue Farms, John Hancock, MasterCard.
Sony, CBS Records, American Brands, Air France, GE, Merrill Lynch, Lucent Technologies, Blockbuster Mexico, Procter & Gamble, Ericsson, Sportsya (Latin America), Submarino (Latin America), numerous Consulting Companies, Advertising, PR and Social agencies.
MaxCo Advisors Team Resource and Operational Impact.
Alastair Bruce established MaxCo Advisors in 2012 to create a collaborative environment of best practices sharing among like-minded senor level executives to deliver transformational results for their clients. Team resources include senior management know-how offering a cohesive, flexible and dynamic global sales, marketing, innovation, technology, consumer and B2B insight competency and expertise.
Over the past 20 years, Alastair held a variety of senior level executive positions including Executive Vice President, Consulting, at GfK Custom Research, as well as Executive Vice President, Client Growth, Global Healthcare at Research International, directing strategic business growth and development initiatives, along with product innovation and launch strategies for clients in healthcare, technology and consumer product industries.
Alastair Bruce – Key Accomplishments and Experience.
- Multi-year Management Board level experience with complete P&L responsibility for business growth.
- Development and implementation of full business development strategic planning, vision and go-to-market strategies, including forecasting, sales planning, marketing planning, positioning, team structure recruitment and development.
- Revenue growth model development and execution.
- Strategic global account lead management and development, with focus on new business identification, pipeline development and conversion metrics.
- Innovation, brand and communications and segmentation, advertising and global positioning expertise.
- Sales organization integration and re-structure implementation.
- International and multi-cultural leadership.
His other interests and experiences include:
- Speaker at a variety of Consumer Insights and Healthcare Conferences, including: ARF, PBIRG, EphMRA, ESOMAR (US and Europe), IQPC (UK and US), IIR (UK and U.S.), and a Keynote speaker at NOMA Business Show in Tokyo, Japan, and others.
- Board Member and Director of Mirage Systems, San Jose, CA, a subsurface imaging, technology development and systems company. We find things underground (unexploded landmines, for example) www.miragesystems.com.
- Taught Annual Semester Class at Boston College, Boston MA, New York University, NY and Fairfield University, CT
- Taught English at Boys Orphanage, in Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa
- Board Member, E.L.F., Easton Learning Foundation, CT
- Board Member, Homes for Hope, Westport, CT
- Board Member, AYSO, American Youth Soccer Organization, CT
- AYSO and ERU Soccer Coach Girls/Boys U8, U10, U12, and U14
- Musician – Drums, Percussion and Vocals
- Marathon Running – NYC, London, Moscow, Boston
Alastair Bruce – Client Accolades and Recommendations.
“Alastair is an extraordinary businessman. Insightful, strategic, with strong business and leadership skills—he’s got the whole package. Those that work with him, as colleagues or as clients, universally find him inspiring. He seriously and artfully handles the assignment at hand, while somehow simultaneously assuring that the journey is rewarding, enlightening and, enjoyable. He is thoughtful, thorough and reliable. He is an extraordinary valuable asset to any consulting-focused organization.” Lisa Gooding, EVP, GfK NA. Lisa worked with Alastair at GfK NA ____________________________________________________
“Alastair’s vision, natural leadership, and deep business acumen has proved to be an invaluable asset to Mirage Systems, Inc. His ability to understand technology quickly and then blend this with a client-centric exceptional sales and marketing pedigree, and then implement an actionable business growth program has helped Mirage reach new growth cycles. As a highly regarded international executive his charismatic presence on the Mirage Board has also brought a much-needed global commercial perspective to our business.” Kenneth L. Groth, CEO, Mirage Systems Inc., worked together on Board of Mirage Systems.
“Alastair is one of those guys you can only hope you your next project is with; not only is he extremely talented, smart beyond words and an outstanding leader he is genuinely one of the best colleagues I’ve ever worked with. He makes every person feel important and valued and is an all-around strong and passionate leader (and nice guy). I’m lucky for the opportunity to work with him.” Nici Tomei Zwolinski, VP Marketing. Nici worked with Alastair at GfK NA
“I fully endorse Alastair without reservation. He is a focused and consummate insight professional; a pleasure to work with. He exudes passion for and enjoyment of client and internal assignments. Alastair is an accomplished communicator, both one-on-one and when presenting to large groups e.g. at industry conferences. He always has a personal touch that engages whoever he is liaising with, which makes him an effective senior business developer and team leader.” Steve Grundy, Senior Consultant at Cello Health Consulting, formerly MSI Consultancy. Steve worked directly with Alastair at Martin Hamblin, Inc.
“Alastair defines excellence in all aspects of client service from identification of the business issues to the delivery of insight oriented debriefs. He is a true team-player and class act. I thoroughly enjoyed our time working together as colleagues at NFO.” Ron Arden, Shopper Insight Lead – East Region at The Coca-Cola Company
“Alastair brings a well-honed global perspective to his leadership role in the marketing research industry. His successes are built with a strong team oriented approach to achieve world-class quality results. His insight and execution is complete and communicated with an effective style to deliver the right and true message. He demonstrates a superior level of both business and personal integrity.” Wayne Szmyt, retired VP HR Executive. Wayne worked with Alastair at Greenfield Online
+1 203 892 5112